Iron Chef Products - Recipes
Traditional General Tso's Chicken
- 1 ½ cups Iron Chef General Tso’s Sauce
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 16 chile peppers, sun-dried
- Combine chicken, 1/2 cup soy sauce and white pepper. Stir in egg. Add 1 cup cornstarch and stir until chicken is evenly coated.
- Add oil to help separate chicken pieces. Divide chicken into small quantities and deep fry at 350 degrees F (175degrees C) until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Place a small amount of oil in wok and heat until wok is hot.
- Add scallions and dried chile peppers and stir-fry briefly.
- Add Iron Chef General Tso’s sauce to wok. Then add fried chicken and cook until sauce thickens.